From Desk to Stage: How to present your PhD?
PhD students or other researchers. Aimed at beginners who are in their first two years but more experienced researchers can join as well
The researcher should be able to present in English
Beginning researchers often spent most of their time behind their desk. This course aims to train the researcher to present their research as a pitch to an audiance. Not only are they trained to present a short pitch, they will give the pitch live during the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture Research Symposium (FEARS). More information on this event here. This way, the researcher has a first experience in presenting as a conference skill.
- Attend the pitch training in the beginning of february (TBA)
- Give a live performance during the FEARS event
- Attend the "Sketchnoting" workshop during the event
- Register before the 31st of January
Attend training on either of the following dates:
- 04/02 from 09:00-13:00 at lecture room 0.2 in the 125 (914) building in Tech lane science park
- 13/02 from 12:30-16:30 at Alan Turning room, first floor in the iGent tower in Tech lane science park
- 19th of February: Attend FEARS event
The researcher recieves the credit for the attendance of the training, giving a live pitch at FEARS and attending sketchnoting workshop during the FEARS event